NRF Postgraduate Scholarships 2021 Application and Closing Date.
The National Research Foundation is a government-mandated research and science development agency, which aims to fund critical research and provide cutting-edge infrastructure to allow research to take place. Its focus areas are science and technology, and the role of indigenous knowledge in these fields.
Part of the NRF’s mandate is to provide human resources for research and address career advancement prospects in the research field. It provides bursaries and scholarships for deserving students. By funding students, the NRF contributes to South Africa’s growing knowledge economy. The foundation also aims to develop a broader public engagement in science and technology in South African society.
NRF Postgraduate Scholarship 2021
The NRF is now searching for new applicants for the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships for the Academic year 2021. Students who want to pursue graduate studies and have eligibility for a second or third year of financial assistance only need to submit their Progress Report. They don’t have to submit a new application.
Those applicants applying for honours, doctorate, and master’s funding must meet the age requirements of 28, 30, and 32 years of age or younger on the year of their application. Qualifying applicants will receive funding either at Full Cost Study or Partial Cost Study.
These offered scholarships assist honours, doctoral, and master’s students for them to continue their studies in all of the areas of Engineering, Science, Technology, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
NRF Postgraduate Scholarship 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
To qualify for an NRF Postgraduate Scholarships, the applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Has an overall average of 65%.
- Wishing to pursue studies in Engineering, Science, Technology, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
- Must be citizens of South Africa or permanent residents who are either living with a disability, financially needy or have exceptional academic achievements.
- The PCS funding goes to 5% of international students including citizens of South Africa and permanent residents who cannot receive FCS funding, but who meet the other minimum criteria.
How to Apply and Application Details
Students who want to apply for these scholarships can full up an application form at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za. Applicants should fill out and submit their applications before the application closing date. The sooner a student submits an application, the better. This prevents the IT system from overload as the closing date approaches. Here are some steps and considerations students must know about the application process:
- Complete applications must first undergo verification at the host institution before going to the NRF. This is where further processing occurs.
- Incomplete applications aren’t considered.
- Applications that don’t meet the requirements of eligibility aren’t considered.
- Students can contact the Bursaries Office of the NRF for queries, clarifications or more information.
18 December 2020
Address: NRF Building, South Gate, CSIR Complex, Meiring Naudé Road, Brummeria, Pretoria, South Africa
Tel: +27 (0)12 481 4000
E-mail: [email protected]