Gallagher Foundation Scholarship Application, Requirements, and Closing Date
About the Gallagher Foundation Scholarship
The Gallagher Foundation provides full undergraduate scholarships for university scholars chosen in three developing countries: Mexico at ITESM – Monterrey Campus, South Africa at the University of Cape Town and Turkey at Boğaziçi University.
The Gallagher Foundation Scholarship Covers:
- Books and supplies
- Spending money
- Room and board
Candidates who receive the Gallagher Foundation Scholarship cannot receive additional scholarships. Scholars can receive Merit based awards, but should not receive funding from other scholarships.
Gallagher Scholar candidates exhibit:
- Academic achievement reflecting unusual intelligence and ability
- Evidence of leadership potential
- A high level of ethical values with each scholar firmly believing that progress can be achieved through peaceful means
Gallagher Foundation Scholarship 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
Before applying, candidates must first satisfy the following requirements. Failure to satisfy these requirements will result in their application getting disregarded:
- Must be a citizen of South African.
- Must have a strong academic record.
- Must have the intention of studying within one of the fields of study mentioned above.
- Must plan to enter their first year of study in the year 2021.
- Must apply to study at the University of Cape Town and receive conditional acceptance.
- Must have achieved high results in all of the National Benchmark Test’s competency areas.
- Must have a high level of ethical values including opposition to violence and a commitment to make a difference in their country.
- Must have a strong potential for leadership in any leadership activity like awards received, extracurricular activities, special projects, and service work.
How to Apply and Application Details
Interested applicants may apply online
The applicants must also submit clear copies of the following documents together with the accomplished application form. Failure to comply will result in the application getting disregarded:
- A recent photograph
- The most recent high school academic record.
- Test results from NBT.
- Proof of conditional acceptance from the University of Cape Town.
- A letter of recommendation from a mentor, teacher, athletic coach, employer or guidance counselor.
- Proof of Income in the form of most recent payslips, a letter from the applicant’s employer or pension documents.